R&D Hardware development consists of requirement management, hardware design, design reviews, prototype build and functional verification. Besides meeting the functional requirements non-functional requirements such as cost, quality and time target shall be met. Work processes and associated tools are provided and the expectation is that processes are followed and provided tools are used unless other agreements are made.
Under general guidance of supervisor or more experienced engineer, perform various engineering duties requiring the exercise of judgment and application of standard engineering principles and practices. Pursue initiatives to improve effectiveness of the group and increase customer satisfaction or full fill legal or other agency requirements.
Minimum requirements of education and experience:
• 2-6 years of work experience within the relevant field and a bachelor or master’s degree, or
• Another technical degree with 10-15 years of work experience within relevant field.
• Working command of the English language..
• To analyze product requirements, break them down and specify them to meet customers' expectations of high quality and safety.
• To capture these requirements in specifications while leaving freedom for optimization to our hardware suppliers..
• Develop new HW modules together with partners (ODMs): technical requirement, HW design, design review (FMEA, DFT, EMC, etc.), testing, verification, validation, and documentation
• Lead or contribute to HW systems integration, EMC, electrical safety and type test, and NPI (New Product Introduction) activities.
• Maintain existing HW modules (Cost Cuts, EOL, Production Support).
• Lead or contribute to HW development projects within an international matrix organization (Hardware, Firmware, Software, Test, Supply Chain, EMS, Quality, and Production teams).
• Contribute to continuous improvement of our ways of working.
• University degree (Bachelor or Master) in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
• At least 3 years of experience in HW Development, preferably with agile and lean methodologies.
• Expertise in at least one hardware specific discipline, as e.g., analog design, EMC, electrical safety, …
• Hands-on experience with electronics measurement, EMC, testing, and debugging.
• It will be a part of your job to communicate with external partners, project leaders, other departments and suppliers. It is therefore important that you are open-minded and straightforward in your communication.
• Experience managing suppliers will be to your advantage.
• You are a natural problem solver, who enjoys meeting new challenges.
• A team player with a holistic view, high integrity, and the skills needed to manage constantly challenging and changing targets.
• As you will be part of a company that operates in the global arena, you must be proficient in English.
• Seniority Level: Mid level