We are now looking for a leading expert who is ready to drive the evolution of mobile network and base station technology into the timeframe of 5.5G and 6G. It’s quite clear that higher capacity and new frequency bands, increase power efficiency and tougher latency requirements means that new solutions and technologies needs to be developed.
Develop a new BTS concept that will be the base for the family of next generation base stations (macro and densified networks). You will be Responsible for the research of next generation architecture and design of wireless Base Station, lead the BTS systemization work for all BTS related functions from the antenna unit to baseband. Further it will also include considering aspects of product practice and Life Cycle Costs.
The solution will need to be described and systemized on a conceptual level, documented in research reports and requirement specifications.
In this role you will work together with an experienced team of BTS system engineers based in Gothenburg. The work will be done in close cooperation with Wireless research organization in Shanghai China. The role will require travelling both within Sweden but also to Wireless organization in Shanghai.
• Experience of working with systemization on BTS system level, radio component design and antenna units, product practice will be better
• Extensive knowledge about 5G networks, use cases and BTS architectures
• Extensive knowledge in Massive MIMO technology incl. antenna and spectrum
• Knowledge about new frequency bands (i.e. 6-10GHZ and 27-29GHz), use cases and physical limitations
• Knowledge about x-haul technology CPRI and eCPRI
• Experience of working with "What is beyond Moores' law"
• Experience of leading and guiding teams
• Experience of reporting to executives
Required skills/personal characteristics
• High drive, energetic and attracted by the challenge of taking the BTS concept top the next level
• High developed skills in finding new innovative solutions, strategic visions and ability of leading and driving activities.
• Prior experience from international and multicultural work is preferred. As we are a global company the candidate must be able to communicate fluently in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Enjoy to work in multicultural and international organizations
Location: This is a position at our R&D office in Gothenburg, Sweden. Business travel is expected, both within Sweden, rest of Europe and to China.