About the position
Huawei Gothenburg research center is now looking for an expert of RF transmitter efficiency enhancement in mobile and terminal applications. As a technical expert you are expected to technically lead and participate in the RF frontend and circuit design related research activities. You are also expected to take part in analyzing and defining requirements in related systems and products, which may require close cooperation with various stakeholders including system design, product design, and product management.
• Design of high-efficiency power amplifier for multi-band RF transmitter in mobile terminals.
• Researching on RF transmitter efficiency enhancing technologies, including high-efficiency RF power converter architecture and new power device technology in wideband RF power amplifier application.
• Challenge solving in technology development to ensure that power amplifier design meets product requirements.
• Active participation in proposing, review and evaluation of innovative technical ideas.
• MSc or PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent background.
• 5+ years of industry experience within RF transmitter and power amplifier design.
• Skilled in MMIC circuit design and the simulation tools, such as ADS, cadence, MATLAB, spice, etc.
• Expertise in most areas of the following:
- RF power amplifier design in gallium-arsenide technology.
- Load-insensitive RF power amplifier design and healing technique.
- High-efficiency power amplifier architecture, linearization, efficiency enhancement.
- Envelope-tracking power supply, linear switching converter, multi-level/phase switching converter, switching power supply.
- Modeling and characterization of transistor in gallium compounds.
• Should be able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
• Should be able to travel in Europe and China.
• Should be able to work in a team and possess good interpersonal and communications skills.
• Self-motivated with strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.