We are looking for a talented interior designer from the automotive industry, who has strong concept design skills, and is comfortable working from a macro perspective, but can also work meticulously at a micro level. A person who is used to having a user-centric design approach. If you also have a passion for product design, user experience, and problem-solving, then you should be a perfect fit here.
You will work on automotive projects (interior), with the task to be the bridge between technology and humans, and transforming Huawei’s cutting-edge technology into successful experiences. We want a team player to support the projects that we do together, but also a self-driven curious person who is not afraid of carrying on your own projects.
Who we are:
We are a passionate design team based in Stockholm, Sweden, a concept satellite studio that looks at the horizon and brings new perspectives to business by inspiring, challenging, and transforming them. With our Scandinavian design approach, we always put the user in focus. We believe that teams are the key to success, not individual achievements. That’s why we work together to combine the knowledge and experience that is needed to always exceed our stakeholder’s expectations. By combining product design with automotive design, we can create experiences that create real value.
• Conduct research activities.
• Generate dynamic, and innovative design solutions that contribute to successful experiences.
• Develop 3D surface models of high complexity and sophistication.
• Contribute to design presentations.
• Participate in team design reviews and share opinions and inputs.
• Work in collaboration with our other global studios.
Key Skills and Capabilities Required:
• High caliber Photoshop skills are a must, with proficiencies in hand sketching, complex 3D surfacing, and 3D rendering also required.
• A high degree of enthusiasm and knowledge about design across the commercial spectrum; Consumer electronics, furniture, fashion, product, UI, UX, and all things transport/mobility related.
• Capability in translating and also generating brand tone, values and identity through the design of products, components and experiences.
• Have a very strong capacity for ideation, critical thought, information synthesis and problemsolving.
• A level of self-motivation and initiative, and an eagerness to learn and work collaboratively, with a genuine ability to take direction at all times.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
• Education background: bachelor degree or higher diploma in a relevant design course.
• At least 3 to 8 years of experience within an Automotive OEM or equivalent.