We are looking for a talented Industrial designer from the automotive industry, who has strong concept design skills, is comfortable working from a macro perspective, but can also work meticulously at a micro level. A person who is used to have a user-centric design approach. If you also have a passion for product design, user experience and problem solving, then you should be a perfect fit here at Huawei Stockholm.
You will work in automotive projects, with the task to be the bridge between technology and humans, and transform Huawei’s cutting-edge technology into successful experiences. We want a team player to support our projects that we do together, but also a self-driven curious person who are not afraid of carrying on your own projects.
Who we are:
We are a passionate design team based in Stockholm, Sweden, a concept satellite studio that look at the horizon and bring new perspective to business by inspire, challenge, and transform them. With our Scandinavian design approach we always put the user in focus. We believe that teams are the key to success, not individual achievements. That’s why we work together to combine the knowledge and experience that is needed to always exceed our stakeholders expectations. By combining product design with automotive design, we can create experiences that create real value.
- Conduct research activities.
- Generate dynamic, and innovative design solutions that contribute to successful experiences.
- Contribute to design presentations.
- Participate in team design reviews and share opinions and inputs.
- Work in collaboration with our other global studio’s.
Key Skills and Capabilities Required:
- A high degree of enthusiasm and knowledge about design across the commercial spectrum; Consumer electronics, furniture, fashion, product, UI, UX and of course all things transport/mobility related.
- Capability in translating and also generating brand tone, values and identity through the design of products, components and experiences.
- Have a very strong capacity for ideation, critical thought, information synthesis and problem-solving.
- A level of self-motivation and initiative, and an eagerness to learn and work collaboratively, with a genuine ability to take direction at all times.
- High calibre Photoshop skills are a must, with proficiencies in hand sketching but also knowledge of complex 3D surfacing and 3D rendering.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Education background: bachelor degree or higher diploma in a relevant design course.
- At least 3 to 8 years of experience within an Automotive OEM or equivalent.