We are currently looking for a Metalic Materials Research Expert to take on the challenge to explore, the future metalic materaial solutions for our coming telecom concepts
We expect this expert to be responsible for
- Giving technical and theoretical guidance for research on new metallic materials and their processes based on product demands and industry trends, this to achieve technical breakthroughs; especially in the areas of: soldering HPDC Al alloy, braze-able casting Al alloy, formability analysis of casting alloys and metal corrosion protection.
- Supporting in the verification and test data analysis of key materials & processes: Including internal prototypes and samples or those obtained from cooperation with external partners.
- Supporting us in the build-up of an academic and industrial ecosystem/network, and providing scientific support and advice for the coming cooperation projects in this network，based on national and EU frameworks and project calls.
- Supporting our increasement of new metal materials technologies and resource understanding, by identifying and researching of new technology developments, analyzing their value and presetting regular technology insight reports between Huawei and European academic research;
Essential Skills required: (as many as possible from list below):
We require a PhD in metalic material research .
We expect the candidate to have more than 8 years of post-doc experience of research and delevlopement within the area.
This experience have given the candidate
- A solid background in R&D of aluminum alloy materials, their die casting process and also of of the metal brazing area.
- A high expertise and experience in the metal materials and processes related to ICT products，especially of the selection between different alloy materials , of simulation and analysis of casting Alloy and of metal corrosion protection methods.
- A familiarity with advanced material resources and trends in the industry, especially new innovative forming methods or welding processes
The candidate can of course communicate fluently in English, both verbally and in writing
Additional skills required:
- Excellent knowledge of the metal material & processing.
- Solidd experience in metal material research and test characterization.
- A solid knowledge of European universities or technology research organizations.
- We expect that the candidate can work independently as well as in a team
- The candidate should have a high focus on delivering high quality work
- Good communication skills are required
- Prior experience from international and multicultural work is preferred